Superclear Table Top Epoxy is the clearest epoxy resin countertop kit you will find on the market, and is the best epoxy resin for sealcoats, DIY bar tops, epoxy resin table top repairs, epoxy resin wood art, & much more. We offer 1 pint, 2 quart, 1 gallon, and 2 gallon kit sizes.
Best results can be obtained at temperatures between 70°F and 84°F depending on volume and thickness poured, in a clean, dry, dust-free environment. Avoid working in high humidity. We recommend using this product on a leveled and flat work surface. Keep in mind, the more volume you plan to mix, the lower you will want to be on the temp scale we provided above.
Due to this product being mass sensitive, the warmer the environment, the shorter working time you will have, which is why we recommend mixing a maximum of 2 quarts, of total volume, at a time at 74F. If you are in a warmer environment mixing over 2 quarts, your working time will be severely restricted. After mixing, promptly pour it onto your surface. If your project requires more, once you spread the mass out by pouring onto your surface, you will have plenty of time to mix up another batch!
Prepare 1 part Base Resin to 1 part Curing Agent by liquid volume or 100 parts Base Resin to 83 parts Curing Agent by weight. Pour the Curing Agent first and then the Base Resin into a clean, smooth sided container large enough to hold all the liquid and allow room for mixing. We do not recommend mixing more than a half-gallon in a single container, as this product is mass sensitive.
The material must be mixed thoroughly for a minimum of 3 minutes and maximum of 5 minutes. Once the material becomes crystal clear, you should be ready to pour. Be sure to scrape the container sides, bottom, and corners as you mix for the first 3 minutes, and after 3 minutes do not scrape the bottom and sides. Be careful to not whip excessive air into the mixture and stir like you would hot tea.
Pour the mixed resin onto the surface and distribute evenly with a squeegee, ¼” notched trowel or gloved hand. Continue to pour remaining material to achieve the desired thickness, (up to 1/4”) allowing the resin to flow evenly over the project’s sides. Wipe the sides with a gloved hand to evenly distribute the material on the sides and get rid of the drip lines.
If you are going to make a second pour, the first pour should still be slightly sticky. This can generally range between 2-6 hours after your initial pour. What you are looking for is what we like to call “bar-room-floor-after-college-beer-night” kind of tacky. Once the second pour is made, bubbles may once again need to be removed. Material will feel well-cured after 24 hours, but full cure and maximum hardness can require up to 7 days depending upon the temperature.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO MIX IT?
– You need to stir it by hand for a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom thoroughly throughout the first 3 minutes, and stirring regularly during the last 2 minutes. When pouring, we do not recommend scraping the sides as doing so may introduce unmixed material into your pour, thus leaving you with soft and tacky spots when cured. Doing so can risk mixing in unmixed, unincorporated epoxy into your pour, thus creating curing issues.
HOW THICK CAN I POUR IT?
– Due to the thicker viscosity of our product, you can pour up to 1/4” thick per pour, depending on ambient temperature and total mass. Much thicker than most competitors! The mass for a 1/4” pour varies depending on temperatures and conditions. If you have never poured as thick as 1/4”, we suggest you try it on a smaller scale to understand how it will cure in your particular environment.
CAN I ADD ANOTHER LAYER TO THE SURFACE?
– Yes! Simply wait until the pour is tacky and nearly hard and pour your next layer. If the product is already hard, lightly sand with 220-320 grit sandpaper and wipe it down with Isopropyl Alcohol 90% or higher before adding additional layers, which creates a mechanical bond between the two layers.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CURE?
– The product will begin to harden within the first 1-1.5 hours, in ideal conditions, but takes up to or around 24 hours to completely cure, depending upon conditions like constant temperature, humidity, mass and airflow.
IT’S COLD AND THE EPOXY IS REALLY THICK, WHAT DO I DO?
– Under 65 degrees, our epoxy may start to thicken up. You may see some crystallization. Don’t worry, the epoxy is fine! Before mixing, bring a pot of water up to a steady 75-80 degrees, and then put each bottle of epoxy in there until they come up to temp between 75-80 per bottle. Do not mix first and then bring up to temp. Once the epoxy is up to temp, let it cool back down to around 70-75F before beginning the mixing process. The cooler your temperatures are, the longer it will take to cure. If too cold, the chemical process of curing will not take effect, and if left too long in that state, may never react and start the curing process. The hotter the environment, the faster it will cure. The same can be said of volume. More volume will cure quicker, and less can take longer.
Unopened: 6 – 12 months*
Opened: 3 – 6 months*
*depending upon how the product is stored.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Love this resin! “Pretty easy to work with, flows out beautifully.”
Dried clear and was easy to use! “Used for geode table and it worked perfectly”
Good product! “I use it for coûter tops and tables!”
Great stuff! “Thanks fiberglass coatings. Great product. I’m a long time user. Hundreds of uses with only one failure!”
Great product! I used this epoxy for a river table, this is a great product, I will definitely be purchasing more. I loved how quickly it sets up, I poured in layers about 1/4″ thick and it was tackey in about 1-1/2 hours. I was able to get all of my pours done within a day.
Very easy to use “The best I have used for my custom Tumblers…”
Easy to work With! “I’ve ordered twice now. Great product, easy to use, No odor. 1:1 ratio makes mixing easy and great working time.”
Great Product! “Have used different brands. I really like this. Very clear and cures quickly. Love it!”