Superclear® Countertop Epoxy 2:1 - Superclear® Epoxy System
Product has been added to your cart.
Superclear® Countertop Epoxy Resin 2:1
Superclear® Countertop Epoxy Resin 2:1
$179.99 – $299.99
2-3 Day Handling
Superclear® Countertop Epoxy
PERFECT FOR KITCHENS & BATHROOMS
– Our Superclear® Countertop Epoxy is food grade compliant and UV resistant, making it the perfect long-term solution for your home renovations! Highly recommended to first prepare all surfaces with our WB Primer & Sealer!
INCREDIBLE HEAT & SCRATCH RESISTANCE
– SuperClear® Countertop Epoxy cures rock-hard with high heat resistance, allowing it to withstand years of wear & tear without a problem!
LONG WORKING TIMES
– This low viscosity epoxy formulation gives you longer working times to create the perfect design for your kitchen and bathroom countertops!
MADE IN THE USA
– Fiberglass Coatings, Inc. is based out of Saint Petersburg, FL and has been in business for over 60 years! We are proud to say we are made 100% in the USA!
Our Superclear® Countertop Epoxy is the perfect product for your next countertop application! As an easy to use, food grade compliment, impact & scratch resistant epoxy coating system, you can ensure beautiful results in your kitchen, bathroom, or table top for years to come!
Using the Coverage Chart, determine the amount of epoxy you will need for your project. Be sure to use SuperClear® WB Primer & Sealer to prime and seal your surface for best results!
Ensure your working environment is clean, dry and at least 70 degrees for best results. Lay down a plastic sheeting below your project for a safe, easy cleanup. Make sure your surface is completely level, as the epoxy will self-level.
Lightly sand the cured WB Primer & Sealer and clean with Superclean or Isopropyl Alcohol (90% or higher) to assist with bonding. Create a tape dam on all sides so that the product does not run off.
Measure 2 parts Resin to 1 part Activator and pour into a clean, dry bucket or cup. Stir the mixture for at least 5 minutes with a drill mixer set to low. Ensure you are not whipping air into your epoxy. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom to ensure all of your epoxy is properly mixed.
Transfer contents to a new, clean, dry bucket or cup and continue mixing for 3 more minutes to ensure proper mixing, again scraping sides and bottom. Once fully mixed, add pigment and mix again until fully incorporated.
Pour mixture in a zig-zag motion and spread thin with a notched trowel. Do not scrape the bucket at this time. If you do, you risk scraping in unmixed material that has clung to the sides or bottom. This would result in soft spots and/or hotspots.
Use a heat gun sparingly to remove any air bubbles. Start at 6” minimum above the surface and sweep back and forth until no bubbles remain. Do not leave the heat gun over the surface too long – if you do, it may result in surface distortions.
Once the epoxy has started to gel, or slightly thicken, remove the tape dams and allow the product to slow over the sides. Use a gloved hand to wipe material and get full coverage.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO MIX IT?
– You need to stir it by hand for a minimum of 5 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom thoroughly throughout while mixing. When pouring, we do not recommend scraping the sides. Doing so can risk mixing in unmixed, unincorporated epoxy into your pour, thus creating curing issues.
HOW THICK CAN I POUR IT?
– You can pour up to 1/4” thick per pour, depending on ambient temperature and total mass. Much thicker than most competitors! However, Countertop Epoxy will self level at a much thinner depth – typically 1/32″ to 1/16″, depending on temperatures and volumes. The mass for a 1/4” pour varies depending on temperatures and conditions. If you have never poured a deep pour at 1/4”, we suggest you try it on a smaller scale to understand how it will cure in your particular environment.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CURE?
– The product will begin to harden within the first 12 hours in ideal conditions, but takes 24 hours to completely cure, depending upon conditions like constant temperature, humidity, mass and airflow.
CAN I ADD ANOTHER LAYER TO THE SURFACE?
– Yes! Simply wait until the pour is tacky and nearly hard and pour your next layer. If the product is already hard, lightly sand with 220-320 grit sandpaper and wipe it down with Isopropyl Alcohol 90% or higher before adding additional layers, which helps with the adhesion between the two layers.
While our product can be used in a variety of applications, not all users or environments are the same. As such, specific directions for all individual users might not be addressed in the directions. If there are any questions that our directions do not answer, pertaining to the individual customer’s application, it is the customer’s sole responsibility to contact us directly with any technical questions and procedures prior to the application of the product. See below for various means to obtain further information and or contact us directly; we offer FAQs on our website and technical service via Email or phone Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm EST.
For more product information, please visit:
Temperature : Volume & Depth Info
Always pour in a temperature controlled environment. Ideal working temperatures are 70°F to 84°F, but this is dependent on the total volume and depth of the project. The greater the volume or thickness of the pour, the lower your temperatures should be.
Love this resin! “Pretty easy to work with, flows out beautifully.”
Dried clear and was easy to use! “Used for geode table and it worked perfectly”
Good product! “I use it for coûter tops and tables!”
Great stuff! “Thanks fiberglass coatings. Great product. I’m a long time user. Hundreds of uses with only one failure!”
Great product! I used this epoxy for a river table, this is a great product, I will definitely be purchasing more. I loved how quickly it sets up, I poured in layers about 1/4″ thick and it was tackey in about 1-1/2 hours. I was able to get all of my pours done within a day.
Very easy to use “The best I have used for my custom Tumblers…”
Easy to work With! “I’ve ordered twice now. Great product, easy to use, No odor. 1:1 ratio makes mixing easy and great working time.”
Great Product! “Have used different brands. I really like this. Very clear and cures quickly. Love it!”