– Our formula has been independently and professionally tested by an ASTM D-4236 Laboratory and approved as not only an art resin, but as a food grade, certified art resin that is food safe class(E)! Rest easy knowing that the products you use are ACTUALLY VERIFIED FOOD GRADE SAFE!
HIGHEST UV RESISTANCE
– Our UV inhibitors are the highest grade on the market and resist yellowing for years. Rigorous testing in environments, the subjection to harsh heat and acceleration means our chemists created an epoxy art resin made to last! We spare no expense when your art is on the line!
CRYSTAL CLEAR FINISH
– Our product is brought to you by Superclear® by FGCI®, a highly trusted manufacturer of epoxy resins for over 60 years. Coming from a trusted name like that is how you know you’ll get the clearest, crystal clear and glass-like finish with no competition!
MULTI USE & ADAPTABLE
– Created for both Professional use, DIYer’s and enthusiasts, Our Superclear® Designer Art Epoxy Resin has a wide array of applications from painting, jewelry, pendants, keychains, tumblers and woodworking, to photos, coasters, flower and organic preservation, crafts, beautifully layered castings and many more!
MADE IN THE USA
– Don’t settle for resin created with substandard ingredients in another country with less regulations! You want a reliable product that outperforms your expectations, has been responsibly manufactured in a clean environment and is kid and food grade safe!
Don’t leave your project to a less than reputable brand. Go with a name and manufacturer that almost a million people trust — Superclear®. We’ve been manufacturing resins here in the USA for over 60 years!
Best results can be obtained at temperatures between 70°F and 84°F, in a clean, dry, dust-free environment. Avoid working in high humidity. We recommend using this product on a leveled and flat work surface.
Due to this product being mass sensitive, the warmer the environment, the shorter working time you will have, which is why we recommend mixing a maximum of 2 quarts, of total volume, at a time at 74F. If you are in a warmer environment mixing over 2 quarts, your working time will be severely restricted. After mixing, promptly pour it onto your surface. If your project requires more, once you spread the mass out by pouring onto your surface, you will have plenty of time to mix up another batch!
Prepare 1 part Base Resin to 1 part Curing Agent by liquid volume or 100 parts Base Resin to 83 parts Curing Agent by weight. Pour the Curing Agent first and then the Base Resin into a clean, smooth sided container large enough to hold all the liquid and allow room for mixing. We do not recommend mixing more than a half-gallon in a single container, as this product is mass dependent.
The material must be mixed thoroughly for a minimum of 3 minutes and maximum of 5 minutes. Once the material becomes crystal clear, you should be ready to pour. Be sure to scrape the container sides, bottom, and corners as you mix for the first 3 minutes, and after 3 minutes do not scrape the bottom and sides. Be careful to not whip excessive air into the mixture and stir like you would hot tea.
Pour the mixed resin onto the surface and distribute evenly with a gloved hand or the tool of your choice. Continue to pour remaining material to achieve the desired thickness, (up to 1/4”).
To remove bubbles, allow for them to rise (about 2 minutes). Then sweep your heatgun from side to side, at least 6” away from the epoxy. DO NOT try to “work out” the bubbles with your heatgun. Bubbles can only be popped once they reach the surface.
If you are going to make a second pour, the first pour should still be lightly sticky. Once the second pour is made, bubbles may once again need to be removed. Material will feel well-cured after 24 hours, depending upon the temperature.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO MIX IT?
– You need to stir it by hand for a minimum of 3 minutes and a maximum of 5 minutes, scraping the sides and bottom thoroughly throughout the first 3 minutes, and stirring regularly during the last 2 minutes. When pouring, we do not recommend scraping the sides as doing so may introduce unmixed material into your pour, thus leaving you with soft and tacky spots when cured. Doing so can risk mixing in unmixed, unincorporated epoxy into your pour, thus creating curing issues.
CAN I MIX PIGMENT/DYE/MICA POWDER?
You can mix nearly all alcohol dye’s, mica powders, and liquid pigments with our product, not to exceed 12%. However, we do not recommend acrylic based colorants as they can negatively react with the epoxy.
HOW THICK CAN I POUR IT?
– Due to the thicker viscosity of our product, you can pour up to 1/4” thick per pour, depending on ambient temperature and total mass. Much thicker than most competitors! The mass for a 1/4” pour varies depending on temperatures and conditions. If you have never poured as thick as 1/4”, we suggest you try it on a smaller scale to understand how it will cure in your particular environment.
CAN I ADD ANOTHER LAYER TO THE SURFACE?
– Yes! Simply wait until the pour is tacky and nearly hard and pour your next layer. If the product is already hard, lightly sand with 220-320 grit sandpaper and wipe it down with Isopropyl Alcohol 90% or higher before adding additional layers, which creates a mechanical bond between the two layers.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO CURE?
– The product will begin to harden within the first 1-1.5 hours, in ideal conditions, but takes up to or around 24 hours to completely cure, depending upon conditions like constant temperature, humidity, mass and airflow.
CAN I PAINT OVER THE EPOXY?
Yes, you can paint over it once it has completely cured. This can also be applied over paint (not oil based paint).
IT’S COLD AND THE EPOXY IS REALLY THICK, WHAT DO I DO?
– Under 65 degrees, our epoxy may start to thicken up. You may see some crystallization. Don’t worry, the epoxy is fine! Before mixing, bring a pot of water up to a steady 75-80 degrees, and then put each bottle of epoxy in there until they come up to temp between 75-80 per bottle. Do not mix first and then bring up to temp. Once the epoxy is up to temp, let it cool back down to around 70-75F before beginning the mixing process. The cooler your temperatures are, the longer it will take to cure. If too cold, the chemical process of curing will not take effect, and if left too long in that state, may never react and start the curing process. The hotter the environment, the faster it will cure. The same can be said of volume. More volume will cure quicker, and less can take longer.
While our product can be used in a variety of applications, not all users or environments are the same. As such, specific directions for all individual users might not be addressed in the directions. If there are any questions that our directions do not answer, pertaining to the individual customer’s application, it is the customer’s sole responsibility to contact us directly with any technical questions and procedures prior to the application of the product. See below for various means to obtain further information and or contact us directly; we offer FAQs on our website and technical service via Email or phone Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm EST.
For more product information, please visit:
Temperature : Volume & Depth Info
Always pour in a temperature controlled environment. Ideal working temperatures are 70°F to 84°F, but this is dependent on the total volume and depth of the project. The greater the volume or thickness of the pour, the lower your temperatures should be.
Love this resin! “Pretty easy to work with, flows out beautifully.”
Dried clear and was easy to use! “Used for geode table and it worked perfectly”
Good product! “I use it for coûter tops and tables!”
Great stuff! “Thanks fiberglass coatings. Great product. I’m a long time user. Hundreds of uses with only one failure!”
Great product! I used this epoxy for a river table, this is a great product, I will definitely be purchasing more. I loved how quickly it sets up, I poured in layers about 1/4″ thick and it was tackey in about 1-1/2 hours. I was able to get all of my pours done within a day.
Very easy to use “The best I have used for my custom Tumblers…”
Easy to work With! “I’ve ordered twice now. Great product, easy to use, No odor. 1:1 ratio makes mixing easy and great working time.”
Great Product! “Have used different brands. I really like this. Very clear and cures quickly. Love it!”