We’ve created the most advanced epoxy adhesive system, period. Meet Superbond Epoxy Adhesive. This state-of-the-art formula takes bonding to a new level!
Our two part Superbond Epoxy Adhesive System is outfitted with advanced chemical bonding that can bond every substrate, fiber reinforcement for structural strength, 100% waterproof and stronger than concrete!
Look, this stuff is so strong, we’ve had shrimp boat customers mix and spread this product on the outside of their boat, let it cure and went out on the open ocean.
We mean it when we say this is the most advanced epoxy system on the market!
This kit comes with 1 Pint of Base Resin and 1 Pint of Curing Agent.
Read more about Superbond on our blog!
Required prep will vary according to application surface:
- Ceramics, Composites, Plastics, and Wood: Must be oil free and sanded 80 grit or rougher.
- Glass: Must be sanded with 220 grit or lower until shine is removed.
- Metals: All metals must be carefully degreased with trisodium phosphate (TSP). Depending on the type of metal, prep work may vary.
Be sure to clean the application site, removing all dust and debris.
FGCI’s Superbond Base Resin may be used with any of the activators, which differ in curing time:
- Fast Activator
- Slow Activator
Mix at 1:1 ratio by volume or weight, with equal part Base Resin and Activator.
Stir thoroughly, being sure to scrape sides and bottom of container. For best results, do not mix more than a quart at a time.
HOW THICK CAN SUPERBOND BE APPLIED UPSIDE DOWN?
– Usually it will hang up to about 1/2 an inch. Anything thicker will tend to sag.
WILL GELCOAT ADHERE TO THIS PRODUCT?
– Gelcoat cannot be applied over Superbond, but Superbond may be applied over gelcoat if the gelcoat is properly prepped.
CAN YOU USE THIS FOR BLISTER REPAIR?
– Yes, this can be used for cosmetic blister repair. Structural blisters need to be fiber glassed.
IS SUPERBOND EPOXY ADHESIVE FLEXIBLE?
– No, it is not flexible. Putties will not move more than 1/16 of an inch without cracking.